Education & Awareness
Develop your plant identification skills:
The earlier weeds are reported, the better chance of control
Native species have evolved with traits suited to Montana’s ecosystems. Limit the chances of introducing an invasive by:
- Using native plants and seeds
- Ask your local nursery to start carrying more native plants. Knowing your plant source. Many invasive species are unintentionally transported on nursery stock and seed mixes
- Try to avoid disturbing natural areas whenever possible
- Planting, mulching, or covering disturbed or bare areas
Try to Leave No Trace. Not only will you prevent the spread of weeds, but you will also help preserve the health and beauty of Montana’s landscape.
Before traveling, clean or brush off your:
- Shoes and clothes
- Pets and stock
- Vehicles and tires
- Drain, Clean, Dry your boat and watercraft
- Any other equipment that can carry seeds or plants
- Follow the slogan Play Clean Go. To stop invsasive species in your tracks.